Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Beach and the Ocean (4/27/2001)

I'm under reasonably strict instructions to not discuss my wife in my blog, but I still thought I'd share this poem I wrote for her a few years ago.  I hope you enjoy it.  I still feel the same today as I did then.


The Beach and the Ocean
Mike DeCamp


Through the rise and fall

Of the tides of my life,

You are the beach,

Catching my strife.



When the tide comes in

And my spirit does fly,

You are beneath me,

Holding me high.



When the tide ebbs away

And my heart is slack,

You are my horizon,

Calling me back.



As the waves crash in

And then slip away,

You remain constant,

There every day.



As the beach and the ocean

Are always together,

Our love remains true,

Regardless the weather.



Through the rise and fall

Of the tides of my life,

I thank God forever

That you are my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment