Monday, December 27, 2010

A New Year-Resolutions and Plans

Has it happened to you yet? Has someone asked you the question? You know. The question that everyone asks, and the question that everyone gets asked on a yearly basis…

“Have you thought about any New Years resolutions for next year?”

I was driving along with my wife yesterday, and we were just chatting about various things when she suddenly popped that question. Other than my 2011 Fitness Challenge, I realized my answer was: Nope….I guess not.

It’s one of those things that make you scratch your chin and think.

I’m not a smoker, so I can’t quit that. I don’t drink much or very often, so that’s not an issue. I’m already set to work on the weight and fitness. So, what else should I be “resolved” about?

I guess I’m still thinking about it. What about you?

Here are some of my possibilities:

1. Spend less time on Facebook
2. Watch less TV
3. Go to bed earlier
4. Make more sales calls
5. First organize, and then keep my office organized
6. Read more books
7. Read more of my Bible
8. Spend more time in prayer

I’ll probably pick a couple out of that list and try to focus on them. I could also work on some personal character traits like being more thoughtful, or being a better listener to my wife. It’s always a good idea to work on things that will make you a better spouse. Based on the US divorce rate, people must not be putting much energy into those.

I could work on avoiding procrastination, but I think I’ll wait and do that next year.

I do have some sketchy plans for this blog. Here are some of the ideas that I’m contemplating for Caaamper’s Thoughts for 2011. Let me know what you like, or what you’d like to see more of.

A. More posts on spiritual issues
B. More posts on societal issues
C. Pictures that I’ve taken and that I find interesting
D. Stories from growing up in the 60’s and 70’s in Muncie, Indiana
E. A series of posts based on a class I’ll be teaching at church in the spring called “Christianity 101”
F. An occasional “Henry the Preacher” cartoon
G. An occasional short story

Unless I get really motivated, I probably won’t spend much creative energy on politics. I suppose that might change as 2012 nears.

I do have a potential post rolling around in my head on the subject of "Personal Demons."  Look for that in upcoming weeks.

I guess that’s it for now. There’s not much else on my mind at the moment.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment