Sunday, February 6, 2011

WMBO-Fitness Update-Week Five

This is the first update of the creek picture.  Not much has changed since the beginning of January.


Winter has been hard on this mailbox.  A snowplow knocked it over, but notice that it is mounted in a 5-gallon bucket.  That's because a vehicle took it and the fence out back in December.  What you can't see is that it also took out a fence on the other side of the road, needled its way through some trees in someone's yard, and then came back across the road to do this damage.


Concrete Fence Posts.  These had to be expensive to put in, and they've got to be really old.  I can't say I've ever seen them anywhere else before.


I thought I'd throw in a picture of where I'd rather be doing my walking.  Waikiki Beach is wonderful this time of year!
Update Time!!!!
This was another travel week for me.  I left town before the ice storm started on Monday and drove with my boss to Dayton, Ohio.  The ice caught up with us overnight there, and it took about 30 minutes to get enough ice off the doors and windows in order to drive across the street to Bob Evans for breakfast.  After we were done in Dayton, we drove south and then west to Owensboro, Kentucky where we spent the next two days and missed the balance of the storm.

Why do I tell you all this?  I guess just to let you know that I had more travel to try to work my walks and my eating around.  It is always harder to eat right when you are traveling on business and eating in restaurants for every meal.  I stayed pretty well on the program I've created for myself...I just had a little too much of some of the stuff. 

I do have one place to recommend in Owensboro.  Mostly, we ate at chains, but on Wednesday night, we went to the Old Hickory Barbeque.  Every local that I've spoken to says it's the best place in town.  Check it out if you're ever in the area.  Here's a link to their Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Hickory-BBQ/26329619633

I finally broke down during this week's travels and used the treadmill for some of my miles.  One cool thing is that I actually jogged a little on Wednesday night.  Other than running the bases for softball last fall, I haven't really tried to run much since my surgery.  It felt okay.  I definitely need to build up the strength.

Oh, one more thing before I get on with the specifics.  I need to make a confession.  I ate like a thoroughbred stallion last weekend!  My wife even say something like, "You might want to think about slowing down."  I guess I got a little carried away; especially at Bravo's on Saturday night when they brought me the biggest stinkin' piece of lasagna I've ever seen, and I ATE THE WHOLE THING!  The waiter ever was surprised.  His comment:  "You ate the whole thing?!  That usually doesn't happen!"  My response to the my inlaws (who were buying), my wife, and my brother-in-law after he walked away:  "Good thing for him that I'm not the one leaving the tip!"

Good news though....I still lost a little weight this last week!

Here are the details:

Weight: 259.0 lbs
I lost just four tenths of a pound this week, but it was still DOWN.  Overall, I've lost 11 pounds, and I've been down at least a little every week.

Total Mileage Completed:  53.8 miles
Percentage of Goal Completed: 2.68%
Miles to Go: 1957.2

I've still got a long way to go, and a good deal of weight to lose, but...slow and steady wins the race.  I don't mind the slower weight loss as long as I stay on the downward track.  After all, I'm not trying to win a Biggest Loser contest or anything.

My goal for this week is to stay away from large plates of lasagna.

See you on the road.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment