Sunday, January 30, 2011

WMBO-Fitness Update-Week Four



I feel like I'm on a pretty good track right now.


Anyone need a spare?


This is an old concrete fence cornerpost.  There are lots of these along my route.  I can imagine in 1000 years, some future archeologist is going to find one of these and speculate about:  Why it was built?  Who built it?  Where did they get the technology?  Was it an ancient directional marker for alien vistors?
 Folks, this was another less than idea week in a few ways.  I started off well enough with some good mileage early on, but by mid-week, I'd developed a pretty good case of tendonitis in my previously undamaged Achilles Tendon....yep....the one that has not yet torn.  As a result, I decided to rest it for a few days and not walk.  As it turns out, that worked out well enough because I had a business trip to Ann Arbor, Michigan, and the schedule there wasn't conducive to walking anyway.

I also went a little off the wagon with my diet on Friday.  Had pizza for lunch and a sandwich for dinner.  I followed that up with several chocolate chip cookies later in the evening.  It was a lot of starch!  I guess it was sort of a mini-binge.  When I got up on Saturday morning and visited my scales, I was a little apprehensive.  All is well that ends well, though.  I was down.

Now, I've got something to say to all those folks who keep harrassing me about ONLY counting miles that I complete outside, and the fact that I am not counting treadmill or exercise bike miles...

Wah, wah, wah!  I think you're a bunch of weenies!

I do have one concession, however.  If I am traveling on business, and there is not an adequate and safe area to walk in, or the schedule prevents me from doing the walking at a reasonable time, I will consider putting some miles on a hotel treadmill.  That is my lone concession to this rule I've created for myself.  Frankly, I'm kind of proud that I've been out walking in the freezing cold temperatures while the rest of you have been huddled up in your cozy Lazyboy chairs.

Now for the details....

Total Miles Completed:  44.9
Percentage of Goal Completed:  2.23%
Miles to Go:  1966.1

Current Weight:  259.4 lbs
I was down 1.4 lbs from last week.

Yes!!!!! I hit my first weight milestone goal this week despite my Friday binge!  The new milestone goal will be to get under 255 lbs.

I have lost 10.6 lbs since January 1.

More roadblocks this week, but I need to stay the course, eat as healthy as I can, and walk whenever possible.  I'll catch up with you again next weekend.

See you on the road.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment