Saturday, January 22, 2011

WMBO-Fitness Update-Week Three

This is "Point of View" week for my update.  I'm going to give you a view of what I see along the roads I walk.

Hickory Road looking south near my house.  Yep, that's my gloved finger in the upper left corner.


McGregor Road looking east.


Another old barn.  The little building on the left intrigues me.  At one time it had power running to it.  What it was for I have no idea.


A little further down McGregor Road; still looking east.


The Dinner Bell store in Acton, Indiana.  My two-mile turn around point.


I was on the way back when this large bird flew over me to land in this tree.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe a hawk.
It was a good week overall this week.  It was cold, and kind of messy, but I walked EVERY day.  I put in more miles this week than the previous two.  On Thursday, I walked through the falling snow and on the really messy road.  On Friday, it was really cold.  But, the main thing is that I did it every day...no misses.

I also pretty well stuck to my eating plan.  I had to shift the start of my weekend to Friday night to accommodate an awesome meal with some friends, but otherwise all is good.

Today, I walked 4.2 miles.  This is the most I've walked in one effort since my injury over a year ago.  I hope to keep building on that distance.  If the weather cooperates, maybe I can hit 4.5 next Saturday.

I lost one pound this week.  That part is moving slower than I'd hoped, but it is still moving in the right direction, so no worries.

Next week will be a little more challenging for both the walking and the diet because I have some business travel out of town.  It is always harder to get walks in because I've limited my countable mileage to miles completed outdoors, and I don't know the area well enough to know the distances.  Plus, when it is tied to a business meeting, the guys are always scheduling dinners out as a group.  It is also harder for the meals because of the temptations of the appetizers the group usually orders before the regular entrees.  I don't think I'll struggle too much this week though.  Right now, I'm kind of excited about the program I'm on, so temptations don't have the power they may have in a couple of months.

Okay, now for the stats...

Weight:  260.8 lbs.  I'm down 9.2 pounds since January 1st.  I still didn't hit my first goal of 260.0, but I'm so close I could taste it....umm, maybe taste isn't the best choice of words.  How about I'm so close I can touch it?

Miles Completed: 38.4 miles.  I walked 13.3 miles this week.  I've completed 1.91% of the goal.

Okay...that's enough for now.  If you've started you're own program, stick to it!  I'm gonna stick to mine!  Let me hear what you're doing, it might encourage me.

See you on the road!

Mike 

2 comments:

  1. It depends on how messy the road is. If it is dry, I've got a new pair of New Balance All-Terrain running shoes. If it's snowy, then I'm wearing my Ecco boots.

    ReplyDelete