Saturday, April 23, 2011

WMBO-Fitness Update-Week 16

This bridge being out was a minor inconvenience that led me to need to add a few miles to the days effort.


I had to stop at this little church building to tighten my cleats.  Squeak.  Squeak.  It was driving me a little crazy.


Today started out as another bad report for this update.  I crawled out of bed earlier than I wanted to, and wondered aimlessly into the bathroom.  I stepped on the scales and the inevitable hit me square between the eyes.  I was up.  I had gained 2.4 lbs in the last week. 

After my lamenting previous post, you would have thought that I would have buckled down and gotten my eating habits under control, but noooooooo.  Not me.  I'm still just about chowing on anything that has a food label....mostly jelly beans at the moment.

It is embarrassing, but I guess I'm still not in a place where I want to deal with it, so I actually contemplated dropping that aspect of this report.  After all, this is about my attempt to complete 2011 miles in the year 2011.  The weight thing has been a secondary factor all along.  I thought about it, but I guess I'll hang in there a bit longer.

By the way, I asked you readers to give me a kick in the pants last week, but I didn't hear a peep out of any of you.  What's up with that?  I know you're reading it because I've got a counter that tells me how many page views per post.  Come on now.  Let me hear it when I'm messing up.  Or, at least drop me an encouraging note.

It started out negative this morning, but by noon I was feeling great about life again.  You see, I went for a group bike ride with some folks and I managed to ride 18.9 miles and felt good all along the way.  No leg pain.  No cramps.  I felt good, real good.  Do you know what that gives me?  HOPE!  I really can build my cycling strength back!  I still don't like the fact that I gained this week, but now I've got some renewed enthusiasm for my riding.  Lot's of riding will make me healthier.  No way around it. 

Now, if I can just get in good enough shape to keep up with my new cycling buddy, Mike Eaton.  Oh yeah, that's my new goal.  He needs to stare at my back wheel at least a little bit.  :) 

Here's the mileage report.  I already gave you the weight number.

Goal:  2011 miles in the year 2011

Miles Completed:  180.8
Percentage Completed:  8.99%

Thanks to the ability to get on the bike, I've already completed a third more miles in April than in each of the previous months, and I still have seven days to go. 

See you on the road,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment